Today’s experiment will highlight how carbon dioxide is a flame’s worst enemy!
- A paper towel
- A trustworthy adult
- Put some vinegar into a glass (about ¼ fill).
- Add a heaped teaspoon of baking powder to the vinegar.
- QUICKLY place the paper towel over the glass.
- Fill up the other glass with water (about ¾ of the way up).
- Float the tea light on the water and light it.
- When the fizzing reaction has died down a bit, take the paper towel off the glass and pour the invisible carbon dioxide gas into the glass with the flame.